Cape Coast Castle is a 17th-century castle located in Cape Coast, Ghana. It is one of the largest and best-preserved slave castles on the Ghanaian coast. The castle was built by the Portuguese in 1555 and was later occupied by the Dutch, the Swedish, and the British. It was used as a trading post for gold, ivory, and slaves.
The castle is a reminder of the horrors of the transatlantic slave trade. It is estimated that over 1 million Africans were enslaved and transported from the Castle to the Americas. The castle is also a symbol of the resilience of the African people and their resistance to slavery.